My Cloud Home app iOS - clear cache

Hi there!

Posting my question here in hope someone would know the answer. I contacted WD support with the same question, but no-one reached out to me.

So, I have My Cloud Home single drive device. With some negative impressions regarding the lack of ability to set-up automatic back-ups; turn-on energy saving mode; their desktop app not being supported starting later this year; etc, etc. Still thinking whether it’s worth keeping it or not.

Anyway, I have a question re. the mobile app for iOS. Once installed, I do see it provides some sort of on-demand sync, with all the files being “in the cloud” until I download them. However, once downloaded, I don’t see an option to offload these files back off my local storage. I googled, looked through various settings of WD My Cloud Home device, the app and the iPad itself, but didn’t find anything similar to “clear cache”. Am I missing something?

Thank you in advance!
S.

Hi @SAP,

Have you opened a Support Case? If not opened, for more information, please contact the WD Technical Support team for the best assistance and troubleshooting:
https://support-en.wd.com/app/ask

Hi Keerti,

Yes, I created a case with WD support last week, but haven’t heard back yet.

Thanks,
S.