My Cloud® EX4100 Storage Device Firmware 2.10.310

I’ve upgraded and now I can’t see the EX2100 in my “Network” (open “File Explorer”, on the left “Navigation pane”, you’ll see a location named “Network”) in Windows 10.

I can, however, open it by typing “\\WDMyCloudEX2100” into the “Run” app.

Edit: Guys, I was able to make it appear again, have a look if you’re experiencing the same issue.

I had the problem of not being able to see my NAS on the “Network” view (open “File Explorer”, see the “Network” section within the “Navigation pane” on the left) with Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview - Build 10565.

I was able to connect to it by typing in the hostname (\\WDMyCloudEX2100) or its IP (\\192.168.x.x) into the “Run” app and when I did this, even the address bar in “File Explorer” showed that it was in “Network” (it showed “Network > WDMyCloudEx2100” or “Network > 192.168.x.x” depending on the particular access method, to be exact), but when I backed-up one directory from this view, (back into “Network”) it was still missing (there were no computers showing up with a name such as “WDMyCloudEX2100” or “192.168.x.x”).

While experimenting with the NAS, I found out that I was able to make it appear in “Network”, only when I choosed “SMB 1” on my NAS (Settings > Network > Max SMB Protocol), and I’ve tried several other times to ensure that the results were consistent. Please ensure that enough time passes after changing the SMB setting on the NAS, as it could take up to a minute on my environment for the change to become effective.

Note: The default setting when performing a “System Only” restore on WD My Cloud EX2100 at firmware 2.10.310 seems to be “SMB 2”.