My Cloud EX2 Ultra - Fan extremely noisy! (Too loud)

Hi, so, I finally was able to copy about 1Tb in almost a day. It was a tar ball, so it’s been uncompressing for a few hours. So the fan kicked in (at least it did given the other complaint threads of it not even starting), so, yeah, it kicked in but it is annoyingly too, TOO, loud! I mean my house AC is less noisy! I am serious! Is this the way it sounds or i just got a bad one? Really upsetting… Any thoughts? This one is new and in raid 0 and It’s 16tb. Thanks.

Hello,

If you believe that the fan is noisier than normal you may contact WD Support for assistance.

https://support.wdc.com/support/case.aspx?lang=en

Thanks i did. They’re very good. It’s defective.

Sometimes it happens. Check the temps and try if you can hook up an external fan. The box needs proper ventilation. As the fan inside is very small and cant push enough air to cool down.

I think we might need a control panel to set the fan speed as per our needs.

Those devices are ridiculous. I had all the intentions of keeping the ultra ex2 but sometimes it got to like 55c and the fan would not turn on, sometimes it was 45c and the twonky thing was running and the fan would be non stop for days with a very loud and annoying frequency (second unit) so I returned it and got the ex4100 that turns on the fan when it should (very loud but like a desktop pc frequency i.e. not annoying) and stopped only a few minutes later when things were cool again! You get what you pay for i guess.