My Cloud EX2 & Safepoint - data migration

I have My Cloud Live Duo, about to upgrade to My Cloud EX2, my question is the best way to migrate data. I don’t know much about Safepoint but I am creating one via USB onto My Passport atm. Then I have to ship the old storage device back to WD in order to get the EX2. So my question is how to restore data into the EX2. For a start can I simply just plug in My Passport onto EX2 and it will recognise the Safepoint like plug & play or is it more complicated than that? I am not sure if the EX2 is Safepoint compatible, is it? Thanks in advance anyone who can help me before I commit :upside_down_face:

You have to ship the Live back first?

Ewwwww.

I would retain the duo, get the EX2 up and running. . .and do a file “Drag and drop” to copy the data.

BUT. . .if that isn’t an option. . .I would “drag and drop” onto the external drive; then drag and drop onto the EX2 when it shows up.

Side benefit: Then you have a backup that is NOT on the EX2. . . .put that backup somewhere safe (at office; safe deposit box. . .whereever)

Yes, that’s the trade-in process. Then they will clean a disks empty of data, it is why I needed to back it up before shipping it. If I drag & copy, my Passport ain’t big enough, but I will try borrow another external drive to do this, for your suggestion makes sense. I just don’t trust the Safepoint feature works on all WD storage devices. TY