My Cloud EX2 - is always flashing (blinking) blue

• I just set up my EX2 last weekend

• uploaded the iPhoto library (took approx one night - and storage dropped from 3 to 2,7 T

• I was happy 

• BUT since then the EX2 is constantly working and LED don’t stop blinking - even macbooks are closed and turned off

This is not the power save mode I was expecting - what do I do wrong here? 

Thanks Mathias

If you uploaded pictures and have turned on Media Streaming under DLNA Media Streaming in config, then the Twonky server used to provide that functionality is probably building an index of all the pictures you uploaded. And given that it’s a much less powerful processor than a desktop (though a pretty robust process for a NAS server…just not as powerful as a full blown computer that can handle such indexing jobs easily) and that it has only 512 MB ram, it takes days (as per other users’ reports) to index a large number of pictures. And if you are frequently adding to that library of pictures then it needs to update that photo index constantly - until it’s completely done…or until any new set of pictures are added. If you look at the CPU activity on the web dashboard’s home page, you’ll probably also see CPU usage being close to 100% almost all the time. Again, it’s not a super-powerful desktop/laptop processor but an ARM processor used in mobile devices - so demanding tasks like building index of photos/videos/music will inevitably cause high cpu utilization and long processing times stretching over days.

I personally decided, at least for now, not to use the media streaming feature and have it rurned off. Most of the time my cpu is less than 10% usage, even when transferring large batches of files and goes into sleep mode after being idle for several minutes…and all blue lights stay solid.

Does the EX4 use the same processor?

Thanks a lot!

Will check if I get to that stage back ever. I say other entries in that forum talking about this hence I checked in the dashboard settings. This DLNA Streaming was off. However I was not sure anymore if I uploaded the iphoto library and changed the DLNA setting afterwards. 

Hence I wanted to delete this one large file on the EX2 (the first file ever after installation) and upload again with DLNA switched off. 

However I have now large problems deleting the file (probably driven by the fact the EX2 is still indexing at 99% CPU Power). I tried on the WD my cloud app and within Finder (both apporaches failed at some point)

and a second problem arised - than at the moment I can not even reach the EX2 through the Dasboard… http://10.0.1.24 Page not found

Thanks again and if you know how I shall best proceed - you are welcome 

and a second problem arised - than at the moment I can not even reach the EX2 through the Dasboard… http://10.0.1.24 Page not found

Thanks again and if you know how I shall best proceed - you are welcome 

For “Page not found” error, obviously the IP is not right. Please check the correct IP by going to your router’s web page (or whatever router’s app you have) and check for connected devices…that wil tell you definitively what the right IP for EX2 is.