My Cloud - enable networking from home

Before the pandemic, my office was networked to a 4TB My Cloud storage device. Once leaving that airspace and moving my computer to my home office, I can only access those files through upload/download (similar to dropbox or another file storage system).
What do I need in order to recreate my same network so that I can work directly within my files systems? Many of my files are dependent on the folder pathways, so it triples my work to redirect the files over and over again. Is this even possible? And if so, even letting me know what keywords to google would be an huge help.
Thanks in advance for any help!

1 Like

I hv the exact problem

Officially the methods of remote access to a My Cloud is to use the MyCloud.com web portal, insecure FTP option, or use the My Cloud app for iOS or Android.

From the sounds of it you may be better off setting up a VPN server on the same local network the My Cloud is on. By using a VPN connection one should be able to use the My Cloud in a similar fashion as if that remote computer was on the same local network as the My Cloud. Note however that it may require advanced knowledge to setup and properly configure a VPN server. Some consumer level routers (Asus for example) often include a VPN server option within the router’s firmware which can be activated/configured using the router’s administration interface. Or one can use VPN server software like OpenVPN (https://openvpn.net/) to install a VPN server to a local computer.