My Cloud email signature logo

Can you store a logo on the MyCloud to be utilized for an email signature?

Depends on whether the email client supports storage of a logo on a network drive.

Though, considering how small a signature logo is, relative to the size of storage available on even the most basic of modern computing devices, I’m not sure why you would want to…

I’m trying to store the logo there so it will appear in my email signature when I send emails. I’ve generate an HTML email signature and I use to utilize drop box however they have discontinued that option.

Right; you want to send a link to the image. There have been similar queries regarding embedded images; have a search, as I can’t remember what the conclusion was.

Alternatively, just get the email client to embed the actual image, rather than send a reference.

1 Like

Thank you for your help, I’ll do a search and see what comes up. I’m using Outlook OWA and haven’t been able to get the image to show for some reason.

There have been a few past discussions on trying to link to images on the My Cloud for displaying on websites. Generally (and officially) it cannot be done due to the method WD has employed to remote access a My Cloud.

Unofficially it might be possible through some sort of modification of the My Cloud firmware or by replacing the My Cloud firmware with one that allows the installation of a web server.

You may be better off using a free image hosting site that allows direct access URL access to the image file that is embedded into the email (or email signature).

Free image hosting sounds like a good idea, thank you for your help.