My Cloud does not show all the shares on the dashboard; what is groupings.db?

I can see all the shares in /shares on the My Cloud but the dashboard does not show all of them. Running the System Diagnostics “Full Test” from “Utilties” passed and reported no problem.
How can I fix this?
Also what is the file groupings.db for?
Thanks in advance for any insights!
Yvonne

Which Shares are not being shown? Ones you created?

There are a number of hidden folders that can be seen using SSH that do not show up in the Dashboard or using a file manager to view the My Cloud contents.

Yes, I use SSH to access My Cloud and found that all shares are there (I originally thought I lost them). Some are created user Shares and some are created by the admin user. One difference I can see between those shown by the Dashboard and those not shown is that the ones shown have ACL associated with them while the others do not. I don’t know how the ACL got removed or corrupted. It happened after I did a fast reset to remove the admin password.
Also anyone knows what the groupings.db file is for?

Where is this groupings.db file located. I have both a gen1 and gen2 My Cloud and can’t find this file.

RAC

You could, using SSH, try to recreate the ACL settings using getfacl and setfacl for the Shares that do not have them to see if that fixes the issue.

Why are you concerned with the groupings.db? If you want to view that or most other database files used by the My Cloud you could use (assuming you don’t have it) a program like SQLiteDatabaseBrowser (http://sqlitebrowser.org/).

On My Gen 1 v4.x single bay the groupings.db file is located in: /DataVolume/shares/.groupingDb

I actually tried that (adding ACL to the “hidden” shares) but that didn’t fix the problem.
Rgd groupings.db, I just wonder whether it has anything to do with my problem.

I checked my gen1 and no file by that name. I noticed he called the file groupings.db. You called your file .groupingDb.

RAC

That is the folder name on my end. The file in that folder is: groupings.db

Shares can only be created by the admin user.

A normal user can only create folders within a Share that they have write access to.

Only Shares are shown on the Dashboard; folders within a Share are not.