My Cloud disconneted itself from network

Hopefully it works for you — mine has never used DHCP.

Thanks for the info. My MyCloud drops out of sight about ever 3 to 4 minutes, takes 2 to 3 minutes to appear again, then backs up for 2 to 3 minutes then drops out of sight again. The dashboard stays steady but My Cloud has been doing this continuously for a week so far, and I am having trouble getting support. I called, they promised to call right back with help to install a week ago last friday, the day I bought it.  I tred email support. No response. Only when I replied to the Total Support about the new firware, did I get an email, they apparently got someone to return my call Friday. Claimed they fixed it, and it would not stop again, but it did and still is. Cant get Level 2 on the weekends, and today is a holiday.

With the start and stop cycling it averages about .04 GB per hour. 3.87 GB at 3:24 am and 4.33 GB at 8:50 am.

Can you tell me how you made the ip address static on your router so i can try to do it with mine. Thank you for your help. I need to get it working right, if possible.

lawcorner. 

I bought mine a week ago Friday and it has been disappearing every 3 or 4 minutes for 2 to 3 minutes, then reappearing with a small red x, and what looks like a small pencil beside the red x.  After 2 or 3 minutes the red x disappears, I can click on the drive and the backup looks like it has started again for 3 or 4 minuted then repeates the cycle.

Support said they corrected the problem Saturday, but it is still doing the same think, and now its a holiday and I do not know what I can do to fix my problem. Can anyone help.  

Thank you.

lawcorner

Out of interest what are you backing up and how are you doing it.

Is the drive mappped to your computer and is that where you see the red x.

What did support do to correct the problem.

How is the Mycloud connected to the network and how is the device with the files on connected to the network.

I seem to have same problem. Bought this on Friday. Connected fine. Backed up all of my photos and worked fine. Next day I can’t get in. The drive can’t be seen/ connect. Tried resetting / re-installing. Logged a call with support and no response.

Thinking maybe I should return to the shop while I can? Wish I’d seen this before I bought it!

I have had the same problem described here.

MyCloud is fine upon boot.  Then sometime later (hours) it disappears.  Can’t login, can’t ping it.  Can’t ssh into it.  Doesn’t show up in router DHCP.  Only way to get back is pull the power and reboot.  Sure that is great for the drives! ;o

I have also tried Static IP.  No Luck

I have tried turning off “sleep mode” for drive spin down.  No Luck.

Tried resetting router factory defaults. (Fios Actiontec MI424wr-gen3I).  No Luck

Tried reset of MyCloud  (not full reset, kept data)  No Luck

HELP!!!

How can I trust a drive to backup my stuff if I can’t trust it will be “up”?

WD needs to fix.

Given the time it takes for this problem to appear is vastly different from person to person (mine took weeks before it ever happened (and that was several days ago, and it hasn’t happened again) – I’m wondering if it’s something else on the network that’s causing the issue.

No doubt, it doesn’t matter – it’s an issue WD needs to fix.   But it’d be interesting to see if we can narrow down what it might be.

My router is an ActionTec MI424-WR from Verizon.

I have two Linksys E3000s on my network acting as wireless APs.

I have seven NASes online (2 QNAPs, 2 My Book Lives, 1 My Book Live Duo, and 2 WD Clouds)

Three PCs (One running Windows 7, one with Windows 8, one with Fedora Core 17)

One TiVo Premiere Elite

A whole-home electrical monitoring system (uses EtherBee technology)

A Slingbox Solo

An LG BD-380 (?) Bluray player

An LG 55LX6500 TV

… and a myriad of mobile devices and tablets.

My home network has: 

FIOS Actiontec MI-424wr Gen3I Router

Linksys E2000 Router as Wireless AP

DLink DI624 Router as Wireless AP

Dlink Gigabit Switches (4?)

Two NAS’s (WD MyBook World 1TB , MyCloud 3TB) : Wired

4 PCs (2 Win8.1 ; Wired, 1 Win7: Wireless, 1 WinXP: Wired) 

Tivo Premiere :Wired

Panasonic BD player: Wired

Panasonic Viera TV: Wired

Apple TV: Wired

Raspberry Pi (RaspBMC): Wired

Slew of iPods, iPads, iPhones (3s, 4, 5): WIreless

PS3

Wii

Don’t know what commonality in the network besides the Actiontec Router would drive the behavior.  Any others that are experiencing this have FIOS and the same or similar router??

MyCloud is at firmware 3.01.04

I’m inclined to believe that

• Given the time it takes for this problem to appear is vastly different from person to person…

is giving some kind of hint about the problem…  but what?

For the record, my network summarized…

my router - FIOS Actiontec 424WR   Version A

Linksys EA2700

2 Dell desktops     Windows 7, Windows 8.1

2 Dell laptops    Windows 7, Windows 8

Apple TV

Chromecast

Wii

Epson Workfore WP4040

Ooma Teleo

Samsung TV

iPad, Kindle, and various phones

and  1 WD My Cloud

Does our sample of three point the finger at the ActionTec?

I have my doubts.

Clearly the ActionTec “plays nice” with a wide variety of hardware.

In my 4 year use…   never had a router problem - this one or any other

till I added the My Cloud

It’s a problem that only affects the My Cloud.

That is, affected My Cloud - last instance 3 weeks ago.

My Cloud firmware - v3.01.04-139

No doubt – too soon to tell.

I’ve had FiOS for almost 6 years now with no apparent interoperability issues. 

I have had intermittent issues with the MyBookWorld.  Similar disappearances from the net, but very sporadic.  That was part of the reason I decided to get the MyCloud.  

Have reset the MyBookWorld to ‘bare metal’  Wiped it clean.  Seems to have worked in that case.  No drops since.

MyCloud is so new, seems to point to a different issue altogether.

All signs point to the Actiontec being reliable… 

Got an email back from WD stating that the were working on a new firmware, though it may be a couple weeks for testing.

Thinking of rolling back my firmware to 3.01.03

download.wdc.com/nas/WDMyCloud-030103-127-20130903.zip

Will see if that helps.  Not sure it will.  Mine seemed to get worse after the latest firmware update.  Going to turn off the auto update.

I’m having these same problems… any updates on when this [Deleted] will have firmware that works ?

I’m having these same problems… any updates on when this will have firmware that works properly?

Spoke to customer support on the phone last night.  Said this is a “known issue” and that a new firmware should be forthcoming within a week.  Look for it about next Thursday-Friday.

Hope is not a strategy, but I sure am hoping this fixes the issue.  

Same problem here, after a few hours it disappears and has to be power cycled. I returned the first one and same problem with second.  There have been multiple reports of this problem in over a month & there’s no firmware update? That is crazy, totally unacceptable. I’m still within the 14 day return period where I bought it so it’s going back. Junk, total time wasting junk.

There is no instant magic fix.   They have to find the issue, fix it, test it, then release it.  As someone suggested, a new fw is coming that fixes this issue. 

Is the same team testing the fix that didn’t leave the drive on for more than 2 hours when they tested the firmware?

zzzoinks wrote:

Is the same team testing the fix that didn’t leave the drive on for more than 2 hours when they tested the firmware?

You should also bear in mind that not everybody is having this problem. WD’s drives may also be OK.

Has WD acknowledged the problem, detailed what types of configurations have the problem, or provided any sort of temporary work around?  Serious question, I haven’t been able to find that info if they have.  All I’ve found is a rumor from a user that called customer service and was told the firmware would be out in about a week. Any official information would help mitigate the problem until the firmware is out. Who is/isn’t having the problem and why? I tested two drives on two different networks and they both had the problem.

So, do I understand correctly that some people in this thread have now had a drive for over a month that drops off his network after a few hours with no fix?