My Cloud disconnects from network

Yes, I always ping by IP, and always the same IP.
Pulling the ethernet didn’t do anything with the light, it continued to be blue.
After the reset a week ago, when things seemed to be OK, I tried pulling the ethernet again, and then the light went yellow after 15 seconds or so and I also had an email alert when it came back on.

When it went offline today again I pulled the power and it came back, but went offline after just a couple of minutes. After waiting for half an hour or so I did it again, and it has now been online for a couple of hours.

The software in this device seems a little bit shaky, to say the least…

And just as I had written the last post I noticed it had went offline again…

I agree it should indicate offline status with yellow light and send an email when coming back.
It seems like the device still thinks it is online.

While the system is up grep eth /var/log/messages. If the device went offline you should see a message. If you don’t see any messages then the device didn’t go offline. From what you are saying it does not go offline. Since you have not yellow light and not email I would say that the device is running but not handling some processes. Similar to when the device has a white light after a reboot or when first booted up.

RAC

try connecting with SSH and running top

just leave it up and when it goes “offline” see if it continues to update and post a screen shoot either way

I seem to have an issue with the Cloud Access maintaining connectivity to the internet. Ever few minutes it goes from "connected (Relay connection established) to no connection and back. Seems like there are a bunch of unresolved threads on this. Anyone run across this issue?

Same issue for me, which seems to have started about a month or so after buying and setting up the unit. I have full time access to the dashboard over the internet, but the NAS keeps disconnecting from local devices across the (wireless) network.

i have the same issues and I am very a senior nerd.
There is no fix.
Every solution offered is either a useless time wasting work project or suggests we are too stupid to own anything more complicated than having an on/ off switch.
Waiting for WD to actually come up with the fix.

Have you contacted WD Support?

Yup.
Waste of my valuable time with faux Trekkie who knows only what is a
standardized printed walk through book with useless time wasting 'to do’s.
My windows 10 networks fine, thank you.

Do this and that, reset protocols (why?), change wifi channels (why
-channel I use works great for me)…I have no other ‘networking issues’
with my printers and remote access.
All my devices both Android and Mac access all my networks at home or while
travelling.
Only my Cloud ‘goes to sleep’ and loses the plugged in USB drive a few
minutes after waking up.
So the issue is the Cloud!
Now what?
Can I get a refund for this time waster?

Youre just venting, right?

You’re not labouring under the illusion that anyone on this forum works for WD are you…?

Only my Cloud ‘goes to sleep’ and loses the plugged in USB drive a few minutes after waking up.

It may be the well-known issue of the device indexing the USB drive contents. This causes so much CPU, the device becomes unresponsive. The indexing services can be disabled. Search for wdmcserverd

What troubleshooting steps have you tried? What is the brand/model of your router/gateway? Who is your internet service provider? Is the problem only with remote access or with local access as well?

Sometimes these issues can be very difficult to track down due to the variety of computer hardware there is in the market and in use on customer’s local networks. It is even possible the issue is caused by the broadband provider who may have make a configuration change on their network that is affecting communication through the router/gateway to the My Cloud. Other times one has to change the remote access settings on the My Cloud to use non standard ports, then enable port forwarding within their router/gateway to pass traffic on those non standard ports to their My Cloud.

Sometimes a simple My Cloud 4 second reset or 40 system restore will fix some issues. Or simply turning remote access off, waiting 10 minutes then turning it back on is enough to fix the problem.

On a side note, it should be mentioned that most of us on this forum are not WD employees, rather just fellow users trying to help one an other with issues we/they/you may have with the My Cloud.

Nope.
Just spreading the love to all as a warning about the kind of junk and huge
time to be wasted in this product marketed by WD.

Following - I have the same issue with very similar results

Question- Would 40 second reset, delete all exiting data and revert drive to factory setting

Generally a 40 second reset using the reset button on the back of a single bay/single drive My Cloud device does not erase user files. It resets the various My Cloud Dashboard settings back to their default. See the following WD Knowledgebase Articles that explain/detail which settings are reset to default depending on which reset (4 second or 40 second) one performs.

My Cloud OS 3: How to Reset a My Cloud (single bay) Device
https://support-en.wd.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/24022

My Cloud OS 5: How to Reset a My Cloud OS 5 Device
https://support-en.wd.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/29445