My Cloud - Can I replace/use default ports (80/443)?

Hi All,

I have a My Cloud device and I´m not able to use the default ports 80 and 443 since the local internet provider does not open them. Could you please any other ports to replace those ports?

Best Regards //
Ruben

You should read the My Cloud User Manual (http://www.wdc.com/wdproducts/library/?id=439&type=25) if you haven’t done so already. Changing the Remote Access ports are explained in Chapter 9 Configuration Settings, Cloud Access (page 56-57).

You can change the port number assignments by accessing the My Cloud Dashboard > Settings > General > Cloud Access > Remote Access (set to On) > Configure > Connectivity (change from Auto to Manual).

One can also see the following WD Support link that explains how to change the ports.

http://support.wdc.com/KnowledgeBase/answer.aspx?ID=8526

Or see the embedded My Cloud Dashboard Help.

Home > Configuring My Cloud (Settings) > General > Enabling Port Forwarding

Enabling Port Forwarding

If remote access to your cloud is enabled through a relay connection, you can improve network performance by enabling port forwarding. How can I tell if my mobile access connection is relayed?

Important: Before you begin this procedure, you must know the valid range of port numbers you can use for your router and select appropriate ports for HTTP and HTTPS. The valid port number range is 1024 - 66535. Commonly assigned ports are 80 for HTTP and 443 for HTTPS.

To enable port forwarding:

1. Click Settings.
  2. In the left pane, click General.
  3. In the Cloud Access section, turn on Remote Access.
  4. Click the Configure link.
    The Cloud Access Connection Options dialog box appears.
  5. For the Connectivity option, click Manual.
  6. In the External Port 1 field, enter the number of the port through which HTTP sessions will occur.
  7. In the External Port 2 field, enter the number of the port through which HTTPS sessions will occur.
  8. Click Save.
  9. Configure your router to use the ports you specified in steps 6 and 7.