My cloud app stopped working after update to android 10

You appeared to have introduced confusion with your posts to which it appears even user PaulJ2 had to ask what device you had. To review:

You indicated that the problem was the firmware, and further indicated that the person you replied to download and install firmware 2.12.127, even saying “did you try that?”

User paulj2 asked what device you had.

As a reply, you indicate you have a “gen2”. Typically, in this subforum which typically discusses the single bay My Cloud units, when one says “gen2” they are not referring to a My Cloud Mirror they are typically referring to the second generation single bay My Cloud model that uses v2.x firmware. And even though there are two versions (or generations) of the My Cloud Mirror, it appears both versions use some form of the v2.x firmware. And further it appears this Mirror firmware may not be compatible with the single bay second gen My Cloud based on different firmware numbers used for each firmware versiion release for each of the different My Cloud devices/models.

User paulj2 points out the single bay/single drive My Cloud firmware and says “your version is not listed”. Hence my reply to point out the single bay/single drive My Cloud does not use 2.12.127 and then further asking what you were using.

The apparent confusion is easily evident as indicated…

For user PaulJ2, if it really is a firmware issue, you can try downgrading (assuming you are using the latest version 4.05.00-342) your first gen single bay My Cloud’s v4.x firmware to an earlier version like 04.05.00-334, using one of the downgrade methods mentioned in the WD My Cloud v3.x, v4.x and v2.x Firmware Versions Download Links link.

And a little bit of history for those confused about the WD firmware versioning for the single bay/single drive My Cloud. WD initially released the single drive My Cloud, P/N number on the bottom of the enclosure, ends with “-00” with firmware 03.00.03-413. As WD updated the firmware, WD eventually decided to move to v4.x (04.00.00-607) around July of 2014 (at one point calling it OS3 to further confuse things). Along the way WD decides to introduce a new single bay model with different hardware and using the v2.x (2.10.302) firmware structure (including Busybox) around October of 2015. The P/N number of this unit ends with “-10”. At the time this created much confusion with people taking to this subforum to complain and question about the firmware version naming. To this day the difference in firmware for the single bay My Cloud model still causes confusion. Then WD went and confused people even more with the My Cloud Home but that is a discussion for a different thread.