My Cloud and Android Note 3 phone- very very slow speeds

Ever since I setup My Cloud, it’s been nothing but a pain in the rear for me. I am getting extremely slow speeds when connecting to it from my Samsung Note 3 (folders takes like 10 to 20 seconds to appear).  Is this normal?

To give some background:

I have MyCloud connected to my Netgear WNDR3700 router running ddwrt.  I can get a speed of 50mbs on wifi easily on 2.8mb/s on 802.11g. I’ve enen tried everything from changing the cable to changing the proximity of access, but they all give me the same results.

notes on connecting to wdmycloud/UI from my laptop.  The interface for managing My Cloud also takes a while to load on my desktop and laptops.  It takes a good 10 seconds to see the folders I have under Shares.  I get a good 40 MBs if I go to speedtest.net 

I hope someone can help fix this issue. If you have any questions , please let me know. 

Hi and welcome to the WD community.

When you try to access the unit, is it through the app or from a file manager? I recommend trying to reset the unit to see if it helps you. Also try to disable remote access, then  restart the unit and re enable it again.

Here is a ling that might helpp you witht he reset process:

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/10432