My Cloud 3TB Cant work with Wireless Modem Router

I has a My Cloud 3TB that is connect to my Wireless Modem Router, blue light is light on and I can access it through my Iphone or notebook if not using the same network. but i cant access it when Iphone or notebook connect with the same network through the wireless, anyone can help me on this issue?

Thanks

Does the computer access the My Cloud when connected to a wired port on the Wireless router?

Changes are good your wireless router is implementing some sort of IP isolation or preventing the wireless clients from accessing the wired clients. In some cases if one uses a “guest” wifi network that will also be isolated and not able to access the wired network.

Check your router’s administration page(s) to ensure the wired and wireless network clients are both issued IP address from the same IP address range. Then check to make sure there is some form of “ip isolation” being implemented by your router.

The computer access the MY Cloud through wireless router.

Meant that I need to assign Fix IP for all my device and also for My Cloud?

Thanks

How is he computer connected to the router? Using WiFi or using an Ethernet wire?

If using WiFi, as a troubleshooting step try connecting the computer to the router using an Ethernet cable instead. You may have to disable the computer’s WiFi connection when using a wired Ethernet cable. By using an Ethernet cable you may be able to isolate the issue to being a WiFi configuration problem either on your computer or more likely within the router’s WiFi configuration settings.

As previously indicated, access your router’s administration settings to see if your router has an option to isolate the WiFi network from the wired network.

All my computer connected to the rounter by using Wifi.

IF the computer connected by using Ethernet wire, there is no problem for all my pc. is it meant thet I cant connect to MY Cloud if i’m using wifi at the same network?

I do check at my Modem Router, but i didnt see any option setting for the isolation for Wifi network and wired network. or I need to change my new modem wifi router?

any where I’m using Win 7 for my PC, and my modem wifi router is D-Link Wireless N 300 ADSL2 + Modem Router

Thanks

Connecting your computer using Ethernet to the router is a troubleshooting step. Both wired Ethernet and WiFi computers should be able to access the My Cloud. If one or the other cannot then it may indicate a specific problem with one or the other type of connection.

If that D-Link router/modem has a “guest wireless” option, make sure your computers are not connecting to the guest WiFi network (often seen as “guest_ssid name”). It appears the guest network feature of certain D-Link routers have an option for AP Isolation which apparently defaults to the On setting to prevent guest users from accessing the rest of the local network (password protected WiFi network and the wired network). This AP Isolation setting may be found under Advanced Wireless Settings on the D-Link router administration.

Yes, D-Link router has 3 “Guest Wireless” option, but my router has been diable for this 3 option, and “user Isolation” for my SSID is setting as “Off”

Any suggestion on this issue?

If you connect the My Cloud direct to another computer as a troubleshooting step and can access the My Cloud that would help rule in or rule out the router being the cause. This assumes the My Cloud and local computers are all in the same IP address range, are using the same workgroup name, and if using Windows that it is configured properly (ie. NetBIOS over TCP/IP is enabled, etc.).