My BookLive Duo is extremely SLOW. What should I do? Help

Hi, there,

I just bought a My BookLive Duo 6Tb located in my home LAN. I have a Windows7, SP1 above, one MacBook Pro, OS Mountain Lion, a 10/100XT switch support LAN connection, linked up with a Openet OF router for Internet out going. Between Win7 PC and switch, I use a Homeplug powerline 85Mb to connect. 

For Backup option, I use  WD SmartWare, instead of Windows Backup. I try to backup some drives of 100G, but it took my three days, not completed, not even a half way. Is this correct, that slow?

My Mac just can not get any better. Totally desperate!!!

John

• *> Same thing going on here.  I’ve stopped and restarted the backup a few times today, it keeps saying that the backup was partially completed and other files will be done later.  Also, the My Book seems to drop off the network as well.  I decided to try a different route and use my Norton 360 to do the backup, but the backup doesn’t finish there either.  I’m wondering if there is a setting I need to tweak on the My Book (something with the IP address or other technical issue) that will keep the My Book from sporadically disappearing…> john_HX wrote:

Hi, there,

I just bought a My BookLive Duo 6Tb located in my home LAN. I have a Windows7, SP1 above, one MacBook Pro, OS Mountain Lion, a 10/100XT switch support LAN connection, linked up with a Openet OF router for Internet out going. Between Win7 PC and switch, I use a Homeplug powerline 85Mb to connect. 

For Backup option, I use  WD SmartWare, instead of Windows Backup. I try to backup some drives of 100G, but it took my three days, not completed, not even a half way. Is this correct, that slow?

My Mac just can not get any better. Totally desperate!!!

John