My Book World (White Light) - Help!

I love my WD My Book World. It is old but it has outlasted 2 laptops. Now that I have a new laptop, I am unable to get to my shared folders. I’ve searched through the Knowledge Base and WD Community but I cannot find a solution.

I have the drive connected via hardwire to my laptop and it shows up under Network. It only shows MyBookWorld but not my 3 shared folders. When I click on it, Windows Edge opens up and takes me to the WD Login screen. I can get in and see/change the settings and can even see the shared folders but I cannot get to the files on them.

I’ve installed WD Link and WD Drive utilities but neither of them detects the drive on my Windows 10 pc. I’ve even tried on a Windows 7 pc.

Can anyone offer any suggestions as to how to get them back? I have no problem upgrading my drive to a more recent model if I have to but I need to know that I will be able to move my files over and access them.

Hi, that drive is not designed to work with Windows 10, as the drive is seem by the computer under network, I would open “Run” and type \\mybookworld this will take you to the were you are able to access your shares.

I have a WD MBWL drive that has become unusable - no doubt partly due to my move to Windows 10 however loses connectivity to my network which includes an XP PC - typically within 10 minutes of a reset. I have (hopefully not mistakenly) purchased a WD Personal Cloud unit and would greatly appreciate any advice that would help me to transfer the data from the MBWL to my new drive.

I am somewhat technical however my efforts connecting to the drive with SSH have been beyong my capabilities.

Thanks in advance, all advice much appreciated.

Mike