My Book World Edition II - single disk support

Dear all,

I have been offered to get an enclosure for My Book World Edition II (Blue rings).

The HDDs are not included. Initially the device was holding 2x1tb WD HDDs.

My question is the following: Do you think it is possible to attach only a single HDD in this case? I don’t need any RAID functions. Is it mandatory to attach 1tb HDD or I can put a smaller one I have laying around?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards.

So, no one knows or just the forum is dead?

When I fitted two brand new drives to mine, the system would not boot at all.  So i could not configure them.  These NAS’ are a law to them selves.  Its all to easy to bugger them up beyond no return.

Alexandro77 wrote:

Dear all,

I have been offered to get an enclosure for My Book World Edition II (Blue rings).

The HDDs are not included. Initially the device was holding 2x1tb WD HDDs.

My question is the following: Do you think it is possible to attach only a single HDD in this case? I don’t need any RAID functions. Is it mandatory to attach 1tb HDD or I can put a smaller one I have laying around?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards.

it’s possible 

have not tried this but it will not hurt to try 

let me know the outcome 

As far as I know its only going to be possible if he has an image of the original system drives.  Fitting 2 brand new (or even 1) to the device won’t work.  He wont be able to boot the device and configure it.  I know this because I tried

If you know different to this – please let us both know how its done.