My book world edition and WD share

I heed more space.  I have the myBook World Ed. II.  If i get the new WD Share, will i still be able to use the My Book World?  Can they be managed from the same GUI?

Hi.

If you need more space for the network drive then you can purchase a USB external drive and connect the drive to the my book World

The Maximum Capacity you can connect throug  USB IS 1TB, then you can add that to then Network.

I think that looking for multiple device management  through a single GUI is a bit of a tall order for a consumer/soho/workgroup oriented device - you could always have two tabs open in the same browser though :wink:

Also consider that you can have both devices alert to the same central monitoring “destination” - so you can centrally monitor the devices.

As mentioned in a prior post, you can utilise one or more external USB drives between the devices as the ShareSpace has upto 3 USB ports available - but I would recommend the use of a supported UPS to be hooked into one of the ShareSpace USB ports - cutting you down to the two ports.