My Book TB4 - Looks like it's working but not showing up on Computer

It’s always something. I purchased a 4TB My Book several months ago. Seemed to work fine until recently. I moved my desk computer to another room in the house a few weeks ago… I connected all the drives to their respective USB ports. Seems no matter what port I the connector into the computer will no recognize the drive. Note: I have a 2TB Seagate that seems to be functioning fine. The 4TB My Book is plugged in, the “on” light is illuminated, but it is not blinking as it should when it is operating and sending data… I’m really worried as this is my primary storage drive. Also, note: I plugged the USB into another computer, my laptop… same thing… nothing. I’m hoping someone has a solution for this… Jay

the first thing you should check … does it show up in “Disk Management” on your PC ?

Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Computer Management > Disk Management

if it " is " there … then it could be a Drive Letter Assigment Issue

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/137/session/L3RpbWUvMTQyMjcyOTM2OS9zaWQvLXFtRHhSZG0%3D

off-topic, (but speaking from personal experience) … if this is your “Primary Drive” where is your “Backup Drive” ?

If you have data that is important to you that you don’t want to lose , then purchase another HDD for Backup (and piece of mind)