My Book Studio Edition II - Mac OS X Yosemite - WD Drive Manager 3.1.0

Dear all, 

I would like to upgrade my iMac from OS X 10.8.5 Mountain Lion to 10.10 Yosemite and I would like to know if there are any compatibility issue with my My Book Studio Edition II (WDH2Q20000E) ( http://support.wdc.com/product/download.asp?groupid=114&sid=62&lang=en).

Is WD Drive Manager 3.1.0 supported by OS X 10.10? It is not listed in the “supported opearting systems”…

Thank you for your kind answer.

blp

Hello and welcome to the WD Community,

As a recommendation, backup your data before you proceed with any updates to avoid data loss.

If the OS is not listed under the Supported Operating Systems, means that the it might or might not work.

Hello, I’m in the same situation and I’m interested to know if you made the update and how it went.

Thanks.

Hi,

I actually updated my imac to yosemite… but did not connect my wd external drive… I don’t want mess with it since I have no backup of data stored in that external drive. I silly updated my os x and than discovered it was not supported!

But soon I need to connect it, since I need to work on that data.

Anyone knows how long will it take to wd to make it compatible?

thank you

Hello, I made a new installation of Yosemite (not upgrade), I have not installed WD applications, I connected the unit and is working well.

1 Like

Hi, thanks for sharing. Are you using it in RAID0 (full capacity) or RAID1 (half of the capacity mirrored disk)?

Hi, RAID1 is my configuration.