I own a Western Digital My Book Studio, WDH1Q10000E.
Connectors: eSATA, USB 2.0, Firewire 400 and 800.
Housing: The original (as purchased) Western Digital 1 TB 3.5 inch SATA disk.
Is it possible to install a new disk into the case…?
- Any 3.5 inch SATA drive? Height limitations?
…considering the built-in controller bridge:
- Brand restrictions: WD drives only, or also 3rd parties allowed?
- What is the maximum supported disk capacity? 2TB drives or more possible?
- SATA transfer rate restriction? 1.5 / 3 / 6 Gbit/sec?
- Any issues with certain hard disk cluster sizes? Is the new 4 KB cluster size, the so called “Advanced Format”, supported? Such as in the WD EARS series?