My Book Problem, Please help!

I have an older My Book Essentials ( I think) it’s the one with the single green circle light. Anyway, it was working fine and then this morning I noticed the light isnt on anymore. You can still hear it running, but no light and it’s not connecting to my computer. I tried unplugging everything, plugging it into a different computer, different outlets for the power cord, nothing seems to work. Any suggestions?

Your external drive may be experiencing a hardware fault. If it is not under warranty, you could open the enclosure and test SATA Drives separately. So you could isolate the problem. All you need is a desktop PC with available SATA port and SATA + Power cables. If your drive doesn’t spin up or BIOS is unable to detect your bare drive, you have a drive fault.  If you need further help, please state your drive model number and what you’re expecting to do.  

Mabikay – SLK

Note: Click the Kudos star to say thank you for helpful posts. And be sure to come back to click the ‘Accept as Solution’ button for the post that solved your issue.