MY Book/Passport VS Easystore

Hi.

I originally bought the 8TB My Book but it was making some noise that made me nervous so I took it back to exchange it and all they had left was the Easystore so I ended up getting an 8TB Easystore. It has been fine but I have never had any previous problems with WD drives so I’m not surprised this 1 is working good as well. I think they have made some changes to the Easystore drives lately though. It seems that they might have gone away from putting the Red drives in there and I even read a couple comments on Best Buy with people saying these are now repurposed or refurbished drives they are using. So, I’m really not sure which to recommend to you. I would go to Best Buy and read the reviews and the questions/comments on them. There are now 2 different models of the Easystore as well as the original My Book. In the future, I will probably stay with the My Book and Passport combination as that is what I have always used and I have a half dozen of them now.

As far as the comment and the experience at the forum. It is what it is. I haven’t been back there since and you are the 1st person I have even responded to. Good luck looking. If you want to follow up and ask any additional questions now or in the future, feel free to do so. WD drives have always been good and I won’t use any other brand so you should be fine either way. Of course I always buy 2 drives for everything I have backed up so I back up my backups. Better safe than sorry.

Good luck.