My Book Live - Led Green Blinking

Hi,

I can’t have access to “my book live 1 To”, the green led doesn’t stop blinking.

I tried to reset but nothing changed…

Could you please tell me what to do ?

Thanks

Alain

Bonjour,

Je n’arrive pas a acceder à “my book live 1 To”, la led verte ne s’arrete pas de cligner

J’ai essayé de faire un reset mais cela n’a rien changé.

Que dois je faire ?

Merci

Alain

Make sure the drive is connected to a reliable power source.

You can try connecting the drive directly to the computer’s ethernet port and see if the drive will show up.

Try mapping the drive with the WD Link software. See the link bellow for more information:

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2676

Hi John,

my drive is connected to a reliable power source

I already tried to connect the drive directly to the computer’s ethernet port but the drive is still blinking and it doesn’t show up… Even WD Link don’t find it.

It’s like the drive can’t read the data inside… this drive is not old, 1 year and i took good care of… And the way of the drive is working looks normal, i mean it doesn’t make strange noises…

Do you think it is over ?

Thanks for your help

Alain 

Have you tried pulling the plug?

Hi Tony,

I don’t understand… I checked the power wire and the ethernet wire and it seems ok.

When I plug the drive to my computer, I have a network warning and it says that the connection is limited or do not exist.

So I choose to repair it…but it is not working at the end…and a message says that it might be a problem with my network ??

“Pulling the plug,” means rebooting it by disconnecting the power and reconnecting it.

I have a network warning and it says that the connection is limited or do not exist.

That’s correct.   That’s because your PC is testing the connection to see if it can get to the internet, and of course it cannot, so it gives you that warning.

yes i tried many times to disconnect the power and reconnect.

I also changed the ethernet wire

…still blinking !!!

No one can help me ? Please  !

It’s hard to really say what’s going on. Your best bet might be an RMA.

Ok

Thanks John, Tony and nfodiz for trying.