My book live help

hi,

so i have a 3tb my book live, always worked a treat no real issues.

however i recently changed internet provider, and obviously the drive had to be unplugged, then plugged back in to the new modem / router. i turned it off for this.

when i plug it back in, it still shows in finder on my mac, but my password no longer works, I’ve never changed it so this doesnt make much sense. also i can no longer connect to the device through wd2go.com

the only ways i can connect are by using the wd my cloud app from my applications, but even this only connects intermittently, sometimes not at all. this is very frustrating, as even when it does connect i cannot do anything except preview the photos / view the films on there. i cant add anything to the drive, take anything off it, or move anything around on it.

when i try to connect through wd2go.com it suggest updating the firmware etc, but i cant even do this as it says i have to do it through the device dashboard which i cant even access!

obviously i would rather not lose 1.5tb of data (films/ photos / work etc) but so far the contact i have had with WD has been useless and no help at all.

Please let me know if you have any ideas or have experienced any similar issues yourself. thanks.

You can check after the reset of My Book live device as issue caused after the change in ISP, then access dashboard using device name. A pin reset is not data destructive, does not delete or erase files. You may refer below KBAs for more assistance.