My Book Live file transfer on Network Slow

Hello again,

I am having a speed problem when transfering files on the home network in My Book Live 1T.

For example, a 1gb file might take up to 20min, I know this is not normal.

Everything seems to be well configured…

Any idea?

Thanks,

Nelson

Is it from the My BookLive to your PC or vice-versa cause I’m having the same issue via my PC and my router has all ports opened

I would say it’s both… :slight_smile:

Nobody helping in this? Not even the WD Staff? Because I am starting to guess the problem it’s the MBL…

Try reading the WebDAV FAQ:

http://community.wdc.com/t5/My-Book-Live/WebDAV-FAQ/td-p/463854

Thanks!

Although that was not the problem :frowning:

Any other idea?

**bleep**… It was the powerline… DUH!

Hi, I brought new 2 TB MBL and I am trying to transfer Movies from my External Hard Disk thru PC to MLB. My MLB is connected to WD powerline (Not directly to my LinkSys WRT160 N Router). When I try to transfer 1 GB data is taking 15 minutes (1-1.5 MBS). Is this normal, or should I directly attach my MLB to the Router instead of WD powerline to get maximum transfer speeds? Any other suggestion to improve transfer speeds? Thanks in advance.

Using wireless connection I typically get around 4 - 5 MB/sec. ( I get consistant 300 Mbps)

With wired connection it averages around 30 MB/sec. (Gigabit connection)

If you are doing the initial transfer to the MBL my suggestion is that you just connect it directly to your computer’s ethernet port. 

Using wireless connection I typically get around 4 - 5 MB/sec. ( I get consistant 300 Mbps)

With wired connection it averages around 30 MB/sec. (Gigabit connection)

If you are doing the initial transfer to the MBL my suggestion is that you just connect it directly to your computer’s ethernet port.

1 Like

I’m seeing some slowness as well.  And, I’m able to pinpoint it down to the Time Machine server in my case.

Here’s the link to the first blog posting I wrote on the topic:  http://rschilling.wordpress.com/2013/03/11/time-machine-my-book-live-molasses/

I noticed today that deleting shares is also taking a very long time.  When I delete a share with my Time Machine backup on it, the deletion doesn’t take because the operation times out. 

This tells me that there might be some indexing service or something similar. running on the device… 

Would anybody (e.g. Western Digital) know if there is some service I can turn off to speed things up a bit?

coderroadie wrote:

I’m seeing some slowness as well.  And, I’m able to pinpoint it down to the Time Machine server in my case.

Here’s the link to the first blog posting I wrote on the topic:  http://rschilling.wordpress.com/2013/03/11/time-machine-my-book-live-molasses/

I noticed today that deleting shares is also taking a very long time.  When I delete a share with my Time Machine backup on it, the deletion doesn’t take because the operation times out. 

This tells me that there might be some indexing service or something similar. running on the device… 

Would anybody (e.g. Western Digital) know if there is some service I can turn off to speed things up a bit?

I agree with your findings. It would be interesting to see similar results on a time capsule.