My Book Live Error

Last day I purchased My Book Live 2TB external storage and unfortunately I am unable to do any settings .

For example,

When I am select the settings Remote access there showing an error message like " 31550 - Error adding mobile access: Internal server error. Retry your last operation. If the error persists, contact WD Support for assistance."

And also when I select USERS there also showing error message " 32102 - Error retrieving user information: Internal server error. Retry your last operation. If the error persists, contact WD Support for assistance."

The following error codes are appearing when I am selecting different options

ERROR -  32111 - Create new User

32166 - Shares

33152 - Create new share

32034 - Secure your device

And also I am unable to make any changes.

I am using Wndows 7 Premium and internet explorer 9.00

Please advise how to access all services.

Regards

Sandheep

Have you tried to “contact WD Support for assistance” ?

Were you able to resolve your issues?

I just purchased the mybook live 2 TB and I am receiving error messages.  For example when I try to add mobile access I get error 31550 Error adding mobile access: Internal server error. Retry your last operation. If the error persists, contact WD Support for assistance.  I can’t even click on the utillities tab, it just cycles and then times out. 

Same issues also for my MyBookLive 2T with firmware updated to 02.32.05-046 release!

I also have the same issue with MyBook 2Tb, firmware MyBookLive  02.32.05-144. I was running W7, IE9 and got lots of errors using the Dashboard although no issues accessing the actual data. Just upgraded to W8, IE10 and exactly the same issues. Tried with Chrome and still the same.

HP

I’m having the same problem. I can’t even reset the drive because it get stick when pressing on utilities. Manual reset doesn’t help.

I saw in the forum that WD sent private emails to users with this issue, but no fix is available online. This is not the way to win clients…

Hi Nice Support People

I have the same issue as sandheepk. I have no idea what to do! I have been waiting for some sort of update that fixes this issue. Please let me know what I need to do to secure the device.

Any help would be great!

Cheers

Also I can’t for the life of me figure out what the number to call for support is.

Any help would be appiated as well. The one I got with my box is an answering machine in spanish.
:S

Hi All,

I had a lot of issues also from the beginning when I took it out from the box. I tried to contact the “support” but nothing happened at all and then I found a sort of solution here in the forum which solved partly the problems. But I’m still not able to set up any owner password because it comes back with Error 32034.

Usually I don’t give up early but this product pulls me to the edge all the time…

This thread is in the wrong forum…

It should be here:   http://community.wdc.com/t5/My-Book-Live/bd-p/mb_live

My English is poor, I apologize.
Monday I bought a WD My Book Live Network Drive 2TB  device.

After the installation error code occurred.
I could not create new users, shares and remote access.
These and similar codes are shown:

31550 - Error adding mobile access: Internal Server Error. Retry your last operation. If the error persists, contact WD Support for assistance

33166 - Error retrieving share information: Internal Server Error. Retry your last operation. If the error persists, contact WD Support for assistance.

32102 - Error retrieving user information: Internal Server Error. Retry your last operation. If the error persists, contact WD Support for assistance

I tried to reset the device, but error not changed.
Factory reset - nothing has changed. 

Installed the latest firmware -  nothing has changed.
Letter to support, rapid response, such reset, then another reset, unplug the AC power.
He wrote that “This problem is related into the corrupted (bad) firmware of the My Book Live and need to be replaced.” “In this situation please contact the reseller where you buy the device to replace the device.”
Okay, I went, replaced the unit in two days.
I got home and the new unit is also sent me the same error codes.
Again, a letter was sent to the supported, rapid response, such reset, then another reset, unplug the AC power.

And he wrote “If this doesn’t solve the issue, then I would recommend you to start an RMA procedure. Your drive is still in warranty until October 26th, 2015”
I tried a different network, but the machine did not work there …
It’s Friday night and I’m upset because two devices have been, but none of them worked …

Someone can help me?

Use my easy to follow guide in the MyBookLive forum and you guys will be all fixed up

http://community.wdc.com/t5/My-Book-Live/GUIDE-Factory-Restore-using-PuTTY-or-Terminal/m-p/513954/highlight/true#M16581

1 Like

Thank you, thank you, thank you so greatly improved the device!!!

This was the first proposal to use the patch!  

Not perfect, but it should work!

I had the same problems today.

It is a shame, that a new factory device has such a bug !

(the newest firmware update was installed)

After the ssh-login it was working well.

thanks a lot :slight_smile:

Hi, I’m trying this technique, but whenever I enter the URL http://mybooklive/UI/ssh all I get is a blank screen in my browser.  Any advice?

Thanks,

Andy

Windows users: AFTER using PuTTY to restore your factory settings (there are lots of posts for that) see below…

Mac users:  AFTER using terminal (already installed on your mac) to do the equivalent of the PuTTY restore factory settings as described in the forum posts for that problem…

All users:  …if you are still having trouble creating private shares, try changing the name to something simple.  Also start with just the admin as a user.  After it creates the share add other users/manage permissions.  That worked for me.

Good luck,

-Jordan