My Book Live Duo not detecting direct connection

Hi Thx for the reply.

I was able to get the mlbd working again after resetting the routers settings. seems like it didnt like the dhcp range:)

ooh only after purchasing the mbld did i realise that the proper way to replace the drive in a mbld is to have WD actually send me a replacement drive with the linux partition data on it.I never thought that wd were so user unfriendly with their My Live Book Duo range. The other NAS servers i have owned so far all have an option to format drives which are inserted.

WD are the first time ive encountered this option removed.

As i hoped I could replace the WD greens in the mbld with my enterprise level WD RE4 1.5TB drive for reliabilty in a NAS.That is what WD markets the RE4 for at least beyond that standard I really dont trust the WD greens with my data running 24/7 - sorry just me ranting hoping wd employes monitor and read my feedback,

I had a read  [GUIDE] Debrick a MyBookLive DUO  ill guess ill  attempt it to try to format my RE4 1.5TB for use with the mbld. ive got one last question if you dont mind answering is it possible to use just 1 hdd in the mbld ?

ill set this question as answered.

Thx for the help