My Book Live dont delete empty Folders

Hi WD community!

I have a problem with my My Book Live.

I cant delete some folders under Windows 7 on my My Book Live.

I have also tried via FTP to delete folder - in FileZilla is there for the following errors:

Befehl:	rmdir "/shares/Medien/ZZZ.Trash/123/Beavis and Butt-Head/Beavis.And.Butt-Head.S09E05.German.Dubbed.720p.FS.HDTV.x264-TCPA"
Fehler:	rmdir /shares/Medien/ZZZ.Trash/123/Beavis and Butt-Head/Beavis.And.Butt-Head.S09E05.German.Dubbed.720p.FS.HDTV.x264-TCPA: failure
Befehl:	rmdir "/shares/Medien/ZZZ.Trash/123/Beavis and Butt-Head"
Fehler:	rmdir /shares/Medien/ZZZ.Trash/123/Beavis and Butt-Head: failure
Befehl:	rmdir "/shares/Medien/ZZZ.Trash/123"
Fehler:	rmdir /shares/Medien/ZZZ.Trash/123: failure
Befehl:	rmdir "/shares/Medien/ZZZ.Trash"
Fehler:	rmdir /shares/Medien/ZZZ.Trash: failure
Befehl:	cd "/shares/Medien"
Antwort:	New directory is: "/shares/Medien"
Befehl:	ls

I have also tried do delete the folders via SSH and there is also an error:

rm: remove directory `ZZZ.Trash/123/Beavis and Butt-Head/Beavis.And.Butt-Head.S09E04.German.Dubbed.720p.FS.HDTV.x264-TCPA/tcpa-beavisandbutthead_s09e04_720p.nfo'? Y
rm: descend into directory `ZZZ.Trash/123/Beavis and Butt-Head/Beavis.And.Butt-Head.S09E04.German.Dubbed.720p.FS.HDTV.x264-TCPA/tcpa-beavisandbutthead_s09e04_720p.nfo/ __ADMIN__'? Y
rm: cannot remove `ZZZ.Trash/123/Beavis and Butt-Head/Beavis.And.Butt-Head.S09E04.German.Dubbed.720p.FS.HDTV.x264-TCPA/tcpa-beavisandbutthead_s09e04_720p.nfo/ __ADMIN__ /SABnzbd_nzf_CbM-v0': Input/output error
rm: cannot remove `ZZZ.Trash/123/Beavis and Butt-Head/Beavis.And.Butt-Head.S09E04.German.Dubbed.720p.FS.HDTV.x264-TCPA/tcpa-beavisandbutthead_s09e04_720p.nfo/ __ADMIN__ /SABnzbd_nzf_v3lvSl': Input/output error
rm: cannot remove `ZZZ.Trash/123/Beavis and Butt-Head/Beavis.And.Butt-Head.S09E04.German.Dubbed.720p.FS.HDTV.x264-TCPA/tcpa-beavisandbutthead_s09e04_720p.png': Input/output error
rm: descend into directory `ZZZ.Trash/123/Beavis and Butt-Head/Beavis.And.Butt-Head.S09E09.German.Dubbed.720p.FS.HDTV.x264-TCPA'? Y
rm: cannot remove `ZZZ.Trash/123/Beavis and Butt-Head/Beavis.And.Butt-Head.S09E09.German.Dubbed.720p.FS.HDTV.x264-TCPA': Input/output error
rm: descend into directory `ZZZ.Trash/123/Beavis and Butt-Head/Beavis.And.Butt-Head.S09E05.German.Dubbed.720p.FS.HDTV.x264-TCPA'? Y
rm: cannot remove `ZZZ.Trash/123/Beavis and Butt-Head/Beavis.And.Butt-Head.S09E05.German.Dubbed.720p.FS.HDTV.x264-TCPA/tcpa-beavisandbutthead_s09e05_720p.mkv': Input/output error

Can anyone please tell me how i delete the folders ?

Thank You!

matatr0n

What message do you get when you try to delete the folders?

1 Like

under Windows 7 i see the deleting animation pops up with 0 Bytes as filesize and pops down without deleting the folder

and via Filezilla

Antwort:	257 "/Medien/ZZZ.Trash/HD_MOV"
Befehl:	CDUP
Antwort:	250 Directory successfully changed.
Befehl:	PWD
Antwort:	257 "/Medien/ZZZ.Trash"
Befehl:	RMD HD_MOV
Antwort:	550 Remove directory operation failed.
Befehl:	PASV
Antwort:	227 Entering Passive Mode (192,168,2,112,19,154).
Befehl:	LIST
Antwort:	150 Here comes the directory listing.
Antwort:	226 Directory send OK.

and via

rm: cannot remove `HD_MOV/Unser.Leben.German.720p': Input/output error
MyBookLive:/shares/Medien/ZZZ.Trash#

And what also is curious:

i see under

Windows 7:  /Medien/ZZZ.Trash/HD_MOV

FTP:               /Medien/ZZZ.Trash/HD_MOV

SSH:             /Medien/ZZZ.Trash/HD_MOV/Unser.Leben.German.720p

The subfolder “Unser.Leben.German.720p” is missing under Win 7 and FTP :confused:

Try pressing the reset button on the back of the my book for 4 seconds, this wont delete your files it will just restore the configuration of the my book back to default. Be sure to update the firmware to the latest version and then disconnect and re-map the my book to your computer.

Hello!

the reset  from the backside with disconnect and re-map doesnt work - same problem as before.

An Input/Output error sounds pretty serious. What’s the output of dmesg (or the tail of /var/log/messages) after you try and fail to delete the bad file? Is SMART reporting enabled, and giving a clean bill of health?

Hello!

here are the SMART Infos

http://pastebin.com/AkN4CVk3

and here are the infos from /var/log/messages

http://pastebin.com/Xbs1b7ru

Via SSH i installed longtime ago SABnzbd, i think my error comes with version 0.73. At SABnzbd-Forum there is also a thread with an error like mine

http://forums.sabnzbd.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11404