My Book Live 2TB: Switching IP deletes backup

Hello

I’ve made a backup by connecting my PC over the LAN cable to the router. After switching to wireless my internal IP changed. When I try to start the backup now all files cannot be found and are deleted on the MBL. If I change the connection to LAN again all the files are found and I can proceed the backup.

Is there any workaround?

Thanks for your help.

I take it you’re using Smartware?   

If so, I am thinking that Smartware uses the IP address of your PC to identify the backup set.

Try using the same static IP on your Wireless as you would on your Wired connection.

Yes I’m using Smartware.

It identifies the backup using the hostname. I can see the backup on Smartware but the files are deleted with the following reason:

“Multiple connections  to a server or shared resource by the same user, using more than one username, are not allowed. Disconnect all previous connections to the server or shared resource and try again”

A static IP would work but it’s not very convenient since I’m using this notebook on other networks too.

Thanks anyway.

That’s actually a WINDOWS error.  

Windows thinks you’re trying to connect to the NAS twice – with two different usernames.

Can’t imagine why, though…