My Book Live 2TB disabled/enabled remote access now useage shows 0 MB

I wanted to temporarily disable remote access, so i went to Settings > Remote Access > Disable. A few days later I Enabled Remote Access again and now all folders show 0 MB in use. Is there an easy way to recover the data that was present before disabling remote access? I honestly can’t remember if I ever set a restore point and it would have been done a long time ago, but it shows that none are available to restore now, so that process isn’t an option. Not sure that would even help in this case. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi there,

I have not tried this, lets see if another user can share some information or tips on this matter.

Thank you ArMak.

Since my post, I did SSH and it appears that things were somehow eliminated. Below is the df. The data that is in /DataVolume is actually from one laptop that has backup software running that re-copied files after remote access was enabled again. There was over 600G of data originally saved.

MyBookLive:/# df -h
Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/md1 1.9G 551M 1.3G 31% /
tmpfs 5.0M 0 5.0M 0% /lib/init/rw
udev 10M 6.7M 3.4M 67% /dev
tmpfs 5.0M 0 5.0M 0% /dev/shm
tmpfs 100M 6.2M 94M 7% /tmp
ramlog-tmpfs 20M 7.4M 13M 37% /var/log
/dev/sda4 1.9T 185G 1.7T 10% /DataVolume

When I saw this, I decided it was time for more invasive action and have removed the drive from the cassis. I have a Themaltake BlacX adapter that I’ll use to connect directly to a laptop.