My Book Live 2TB Can't Access Twonky

Login to the dashboard first. Then use the URL to enable SSH. Leave SSH enabled in-case you’re faced with an unrelated issue where the dashboard may cease to function.

thank you. Now everything works.

sorry for being a noob on this matter by dashboard you mean the putty interface? when i try to login the putty (hostname or IP address i get connection refued.

kindly rewrite the instruction in a “dummy-proof” way .

thanks!

Hello to all,

I’m using MBL since 4 months and I lost a lot of time with it (and nerves :)). Also dissapointed on WD tech support as I learned also from the other users on  this form. My first issue was related to the thumbnails which I solved with help of this form. Newer the less, I would like to come back to the problem which is related to this post…

I have installed latest update 02.10.09-124. Since then my TV (Philips) do not find media files through DLNA. TV just do not find any media server. After every interuption on MBL (loosing connection, reset, …) Twonky will lose settings. It seams new update do not solve the issue like  WDTony claims.

Today I had special issue - I could not access to the twonky any more. Page 192.168.xx.xx:9000 returned error like described in this tread. I followed instructions posted here (deleted database files) and Twonky was back again. Unfortunately only on my computer. TV still doesn’t find anything. Does anybody have any sugestions before I loose every hope on twonky and start using MBL only for backuping files?

Myron

This is my first post to WD Forum and I also have been searching to find fix for MBL 1tb as the twonky media server stopped working last October.

Have read most posts relating to your solution and finally figured out your instructions and after logging in at Linux command prompt (thru puTTy), typed all commands and twonky reappeared although not all files are displayed and then drops out with error message “unable to connect to network drive”.

Have repeated all steps 3 times and note that others have done this up to 5 times to get working again.  I will do also although after repeating steps, logging out and then into Twonky Web interface, the log in response to the error is not displayed suggesting it is not rebuilding. The last command in linux prompted me to overwrite “mv db.info PossiblyCorrupt_db.info” before logout.

Have I missed a step, is there anything else that you can suggest or do I keep persisting with your solution.

Myron,

Thx for your guide.

I’ve now got Twonky up and running. 

My MBL failed within a month (just over actually) and I had to send it away to get a replacement :frowning:

Got it back a couple of weeks ago & started adding music back in.

Now Twonky has failed and I’ve had to use your fix.

Not a great start. Like most people I just want something that works reliably.  

Currently there is ~ 150GB of flac and that will increase to ~ 1TB (and possibly more).

Is this setup (MBL/This version of Twonky   etc)  robust to handle this? 

Should I upgrade Twonky?, Upgrade firmware(current v is 02.03.01-024)?  - not much confidence in this process based on previous experience & posts here.

Use another setup?

What are your thoughts for a relaible solution?

Thank you again  for the fix

Good the fix worked.  I think W.D’s put something in that workaround the problem but W.D. will not update the version of Twonky that is in the MBL.  They are looking at seeing what they can use as a replacement.