My Book for Mac 3TB - LED permanently on - not mounting - quiet

Hello,
My My Book 3TB is connected via a powered Sabrent USB-Hub to my Mac.
For some years I’ve been running Time Machine backups every couple of days.
For this purpose I switch on the USB port where My Book is connected,
it turns on, the LED flashes until it’s ready, and then I start a manual TM backup.
When it’s completed, I eject My Book via Disk Utility and switch the USB port off on my hub.
However today I noticed the LED is permanently on, even though I had not switched the USB port on via the hub. When I do it, the LED stays on, but I hear no sound from the drive and it does not mount on my Mac’s desktop.
I checked the hub, the power supply and the cable - all are fine.
Is there anything I can do?
What’s the average lifetime of such a drive when only using it for about 30 minutes every couple of days (often even weeks)?
Many thanks.

Hi @coxorange,

Please refer below link to contact proper support team for more trouble shooting: Support Login

Thank you. Please answer here. (I tried to set up a support account, but since I don’t have a mobile number, this was not possible.) Thanks.

When you connect an external hard drive on Mac, it will show up on Desktop, Finder, and Disk Utility. But sometimes the external drive won’t appear in any of these places. To fix the issue, you can try the below methods:

1. Change macOS settings
  2. Reset Mac firmware settings
  3. Fix external hard drive connectivity issue
  4. Troubleshoot external hard drive
  5. Recover data from non-mounting external mac hard drive using reliable data recovery software

Further, I suggest you to check the below link for detailed steps to be followed in each method above.

Hope it helps!