My Book Essential - Pin Broken

Well I have had this drive for about 2 1/2 years now and all of my backup is stored on it. Thing is, a pin on the data port has either twisted a bit (I think I see it reflecting in there) or completely broken off.

I am at my wits end here and was wondering if I can get the port replaced easily or will I have to break open the encloser and rescue my HDD by putting it into another encloser :cry: I really dont want to spend too much on it.

Any feedback would be appreciated!!

hi,

would you like to show me the pic? i can help. 

It’s probably just pushed in.  Pull it out with needle nose pliers if you can.  You may have to push it out from the inside.  Be sure the mating connector is OK.

Here is the picture:

hi,

you can find out other external box for your drive. and computer repair show may help you replacement this USB port. i can replacement it for you if it worth to do that. but you had to send it to me. 

Sorry for the late followup. Thank you for the help, but I really do not think I would be able to send it to you. I tried fixing the pic myself, only to have it completely severe off from the port. So I guess I have to get a new enclosure for it. Bah!

Thanks everyone for the tips

I meant pin* not pic :slight_smile: