My Book Essential 2.0 Legacy Not Able to Backup

Late Model 2011 MacBook Pro
iOS 10.13.6 High Sierra
Smart Ware v1.2.0.21
WD My Book Essential Model WDBAAF0010HBK-NESN

I am running a Late Model 2011 MacBook Pro with iOS 10.13.6 High Sierra, which is as recent as the architecture will allow.

I am a moderate user; e-mails, Facebook, photos. No Hi-tech usage.

I did backups for my photos on a random basis, at which time I plugged my WD My Book Essential Model WDBAAF0010HBK-NESN into my 2011 MacBook Pro.

In January 2019, I did a backup, prior to having an upgrade to my HD and added additional RAM. The computer service shop did a transfer of data from the old HD to the new HD, but missed some apps that I noticed immediately and returned to get them to finish the job.

Unfortunately, I did not do a backup until recently and find that “something is missing” as I don’t get the My Book icon at top of the screen.

I suspect that a key app did not get transferred at the time of the HD upgrade . I have researched the WD site for upgrades to the My Book Essential program, but no luck.

The HD external drive indicates Smart Ware v1.2.0.21.

I understand that WD does not want to support old 32 bit software anymore, but my laptop restricts me to 32 bit apps and as a Senior citizen, I am trying to coax a few more years out of it

Is there an .exe file, or an otherwise update “in the can” that you can send me or any other instructions to help resuscitate my WD external drive?

You could refer to the following link: Error