My book elite external hard drive is not connecting to my computer

MY BOOK ELITE EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE IS NOT CONNECTING TO MY COMPUTER. USB CABLE IS CONNECTED , THE led LIGHT ON THE DRIVE JUST CONTINUOUSLY BLINKS AND FAILS TO WORK. I TRY UNPLUGGING AND RESTARTING BUT THE SAME HAPPENS .THE LED LIGHTS JUST BLINK AND NOTING CONNECTS TO THE COMPUTER. WHAT CAN I DO. I READ SEVERAL OF ALL YOUR COMMENTS AND IT SEEMS THAT THIS PRODUCT DOES NOT HAVE ANY SUPPORT FROM THE MANUFACTURERS .

Try in a different port on the back of PC and don’t use a hub. If it’s a powered drive try a different receptacle.

Joe

1 Like

I have tried that . it does not work. I have tried several options . I have made a decision that WD is a FAIL product and to prevent any further rip off in life . I will not purchase any products out of Thailand and made by WD DOOMWARE. I have lost all my back up information . Can you believe putting your fate in this product. 

Well a backup is supposed to be a duplicate copy not the only copy. Never trust important data to just one drive internal or external no matter who makes it. Mark Twain said  "The man who sets out to carry a cat by the tail learns something

that will always be useful and which never will grow dim or doubtful."

Joe