My Book 6TB HDD replacement

I have to replace the internal HDD of my “My Book” 6TB model WDBBGB0060HBK-EESN. I’ve bought a 1TB unit of WD Blue (I don’t need more space fot this scope), I’ve tested this unit and is working, but I can’t format it when connected to My Book board. I get errors and in diskpart I see 0 byte of space. What I have to do to make the unit get recognized?

My Books have all sorts of hardware/software encryption/firmware on the controller board/logic board … so shoving in another hard drive and expecting it to work is pretty naive.

Buy a 3rd Party USB Enclosure for $20 or less … it will 100% work with any Hard drive … shove it in, and plug it in and it’ll work.

Because, that’s why they make them and they sell them.

Thank You for the confirmation.
I don’t understand why these cryptography systems should be used if data encryption is not active.
It follows that if the hdd breaks it is not possible to repair it by replacing the disk (as you would normally do). it Is clear that if I wanted a Chinese enclosure with a cheap drive I would have spent half.

I’m sorry for the mistake.
I had already come across a bad (for my needs) “My Cloud Home” product a few days ago: the connection in the house went off due to technical problems and I could not access the data in the disk that I had 2m away from me as if the data were really in the cloud (so what’s the use of keeping them at home?).
I had a high esteem for this brand, completely demolished within a month.

The possible causes for such an issue can be an incompatible file system, missing drive letter, disk driver issues, damaged partition issues on the hard drive. In a worst-case, the drive itself is failing.

You can try below fixes to resolve the issue:

1. Initialize the drive or drive partition
  2. Change/Assign drive letter
  3. Update Disk drivers
  4. Enable drive in BIOS

Hope that helps!

See this video to solve your issue

1 Like

Thank You, but I’ve tried all of this, nothing works.

Thank You very much! You’re a drake!!!
I never think to search solutions on Youtube, I hope in forums and blogs!

Tomorrow I’ll try the solution and update the thread.

Solved!
Thank You GetDataBack, very much.
The solution in the 2019 model (the one with squared design) is very similar: instead of to cut only pin 8 of the chip Winbond, You have to cut pin 7 and 8.

sorri for the bad quality of this macro, I’ve shot via lens.

Thanks for the additional information!