My Book 4TB connected but no setup folders/files showing

Having connected My Book 4TB with power and USB cable the My Book (F:) appears on the PC.

However the only folders showing are Recycle Bin and System Information. Having watched an installation video there are no other folders or files such as
Extras
WD Apps for Mac
WD Apps for Windows
User Manual
WD Apps Setup.exe

How do I install the My Book and configure the device?

Hi victiornz,

You can download and install the WD Discovery software on your computer. The WD Discovery will help you to download, install and stay up-to-date with software offered by WD for your My Book device. You can refer the link mentioned below to download and install WD apps using WD Discovery.

You can refer the user manual from the link mentioned below.

recently purchased a 4TB My Book in hopes it would function as well as the WD MY Cloud I once had in the past. Once connected via USB to my Sagemcom F@st 5260 router, the My Book was detected but not accessible over my LAN. It displayed the hard drive as having only 50% of its 4TB capacity. The reason being it was detected as a fat16 as opposed to EXT3. So, is there a patch available from Western Digital to force routers to recognize the correct format, and hopefully make the MY Book a network friendly wireless storage device while connected to the router via USB?