My Aeon 'ish' Home Screen Experiment (+ Info)

architectonic,

See this HERE.   Read the “Edit” part.

If you add an image, just insert your path & file name.  Like this: ./image/your_file_name/png.

So that you will have something like this:

Just make sure that you insert it after the “”

17 April 2011: Maintenance Release

Minor bug fix for Original Focus graphics re-appearing also flickering pixels appearing when scrolling left or right on the home screen. (noticable on dark backdrops)

Playing music while changing themes no longer causes original focus graphics to appear.

DOWNLOAD LINKS on PAGE 1

:smiley:

1 Like

oufff…

no need to translate again :smileyvery-happy:

Correct, it’s an ‘additional’ update… to fix a couple of minor bugs.

it wont effect your translations :slight_smile:

Excellent, once again you keep coming up with New Ideas to make it work better.  Greatly appreciated.

from where do u get these wallpapers?:stuck_out_tongue:

Did a “White” Version, just for something different. 

Solved the issue of the ‘sluggish’ navigation on the default screen.

Turns out … the image has to be named RV-BG.jpg   (i had it named default.jpg)

Totally Strange, but anyways … it’s fixed now :)    

DOWNLOAD LINKS ON PAGE 1

Thanks, for the update.

Now, i can’t decide myself which one to use the white or black?

both are equally good .

lol

Yes very nice, well done.

I am a bit of a fusspot, and I do find the majority of the themes created too much, I dont want metal finishes and garish colours, thats why I stuck with the “Minimalistic” theme for the WDTV 1 for so long.

If only someone would create a back end to this with moviesheets and Bluray covers, I would indeed be in heaven.

Thanks for your time and effort.

In the process of creating something to go with it…

time consuming…

There is a lot more code and elements involved in this compared to WDTV Gen 1.

(and the WDTV Live as well)

If you are fussy (i am a bit too) then maybe think about ‘diving in’ and creating something… osd modding is a lot more ‘open’ on the Live Hub … you dont need Linux (packing/unpacking stuff).

You just Notepad to View and Edit XML’s and a Graphics Program (Photoshop,GIMP etc) and a lot time and patience.

Sincerely

@Joey

How long till you have your original theme and the homepage merged?

@  drizzt09

How long is a piece of string ?

I dont know, sorry … i was working on something else before this ‘Aeon Ish’ Homescreen stuff.

I have done some work with it, but not happy with any of it.

Currently working on a ‘different’ project that i started before this. (which im more happy with, and will most probably have some sort of ‘Horizontal Scrolling’ Main Menu’) :wink:

Dont worry, im sure there will be ‘Aeon’ type mods from people other than myself.

Sincerely.

You can merge yourself aeon part with joeysmith theme : just copy aeon file in joeysmith directory :slight_smile:

only constraint : don’t modify the background picture as you can see in the video. it overwites the background of all views…

it overwites the background of all views…

which can be fixed with ease …  :slight_smile:

Yes yes:smileyvery-happy:

Hi Joey, glad to see you back on the seen after your move! Hope it all went well for yer.

I see that you are working on another theme. Is this the one you were previously workin upon-  namely the moviesheet trick theme- one moviesheet, 4 different views?

Hoping so, as this is my personal favorite and I have now finally transfered all my movie files into 1 folder and generated movisheets to suit (with TGMD as you have previously advised).

Because I have no folders now, except for general catergories, i.e comedy films, action adventure etc, I was wondering if it is at all possible to mod, say the Moochi theme, so that the moviesheets will still be compatiable with this theme, by using the masking trick?

thanks

The white looks very professional looking so far. Keep up the awesome work.

patatozor wrote:

You can merge yourself aeon part with joeysmith theme : just copy aeon file in joeysmith directory :slight_smile:

only constraint : don’t modify the background picture as you can see in the video. it overwites the background of all views…

So, I assume we just replace “RV-BG.jpg” with the image of choice? i.e. to get Tron movie background on homescreen…

Well, you can either change the RV-BG.jpg with a res image of 1280*720, or you can just browse to your pictures on the Hub and select to set as background under options.

can the files be reloaded?

When I try to DL either one I get:

Your download expired, try again