Must restart live hub to see added movies

Hi,

When I add new movies to my NAS they don’t show up in the GUI of my WDTVLIVEHUB. Each time I add something I have to restart the live hub to be able to view the movies. Is there a way to make the WDTVLIVEHUB auto scan my NAS?

No.

press the yellow button on the remote

The yellow button only changes the view.   It doesn’t refresh the file list.

Did you find any solution to this problem? I experience the same and it is really an issue as I almost daily have to plug the electric power off and on again.

If you are using my media library go to the folder containing the new movie then hit the button you use to get content info for a movie not sure which one it is cause I have another remote I programed Then it will give you an option to rescan.

tm224 wrote:

If you are using my media library go to the folder containing the new movie then hit the button you use to get content info for a movie not sure which one it is cause I have another remote I programed Then it will give you an option to rescan.

Incorrect. This is not how you get the Hub to recognize a new item added to the Library, it is how you get metadata added or changed for a file already in the Library. Turning off and back on is th easiest way to refresh libraries. You can also go into the settings and turn off and then back on the Media Library. There is no way to have libraries refreshed automatically.

Miami_Son, you are incorrect…

The RESCAN option is exactly what should be done.

For quite a while now, there is no longer a need to do what you describe.

TonyPh12345 wrote:

He didn’t say to use the RESCAN button, he said to use the Get Info command, which is only available once the movie is already recognized and in the library. Until the library is done compiling you won’t even see newly added movies in it and the Get Info command will be unavailable. I’m not on the very latest firmware and this is how it has always worked for me.

Miami_Son wrote:

TonyPh12345 wrote:

He didn’t say to use the RESCAN button, he said to use the Get Info command, which is only available once the movie is already recognized and in the library. Until the library is done compiling you won’t even see newly added movies in it and the Get Info command will be unavailable. I’m not on the very latest firmware and this is how it has always worked for me.

I agree with tm224 and TonyPh12345. Miami_Son, you are incorrect.

Tm224 did say RESCAN at the end of his sentence. What he said and I quote “hit the button you use to get content info” which he means the option button. After pressing the option button, you’ll have the option to rescan the drive or network share which will recompile the said drive or network share. Although, this is only available in the latest firmware.

b0y0ng99 wrote:

Although, this is only available in the latest firmware.

Well, then that’s why it didn’t make sense to me. Seems like the obvious first question would be to ask what firmware the OP is on.

With the latest firmware update, you can add a Network Share (your NAS) to the Media Library under the Media Library section of System Settings. When you do this, there is an option to set how often the Hub automatically refreshes and rescans the NAS (for example, once a week, once a day, or once an hour) and you are also able to rescan manually in the same menu by hitting the icon with the circular arrows that is located right next to the NAS listing in the Media Library Settings. This latest firmware also has an option to automatically download the associated metadata and movie info/images for all the new items that are automatically or manually added to the media library. I’ve got my unit set up to scan my NAS once an hour with the auto info download and it works perfectly and I have no more trouble with new movies not showing up. Hope this helps.