Music Playlist Problems


#1

Hi,

I have just setup my WD TV Live Hub. Photos & movies working well. Do have a problem with music, in particular playlists.

I have copied the music from iTunes, some 1,400 folders and 17K songs. I kept the same folder architecture, i.e iTunes<artist name><album name>\*. mpeg4 files

Having read the forum posts here I worked out I needed to export/convert the iTunes playlists to M3U or WPL and also the need for relative addressing.

Downloaded iTunes export program and first tried the M3U format. I created the M3U file then stripped out the absolute addesses. Placed this in the iTunes directory, but it doesn’t work. Here’s the content of the M3U

#Playlist: ‘2010.2’ exported by iTunesExport (Flex) http://www.ericdaugherty.com/dev/itunesexport/
David Bowie\Black Tie White Noise Extras\04 Black Tie White Noise (3rd Floor.m4a
Bruno Mars\Just the Way You Are - Deluxe Single\02 Just the Way You Are (Remix) [fea.m4a

Just 2 tracks and the directory names are correct and directly under the directory the m3u file sits in.

I then tried a WPL file, content follows and it works.

<?wpl version="1.0"?> 2010.2

I can’t worked out why the M3U file did not work. Am not too concerned as the Wml version will do the job, but it is frustrating.

Any clues as to what I am doing wrong?

Also when I did get the WML version going it does not display the artist name or the album name. How can I get the info?

Thanks in advance

Bruce


#2

Noticed that you have 2 open brackets on these 2 lines

David Bowie\Black Tie White Noise Extras\04 Black Tie White Noise (3rd Floor.m4a
Bruno Mars\Just the Way You Are - Deluxe Single\02 Just the Way You Are (Remix) [fea.m4a

May make a difference?


#3

I use a free program called “Playlist Creator” to make mine and it works well.  It has a relative filepath option.  I notice that all my entries it creates start with “…” before the directory.  You might try making that edit, or you might try to get and use Playlist Creator (google it, I’m not shilling it, just happens to work well for me, especially handy for updating playlists which I do a lot)

Johnny


#4

Bruce, your last two posts have no text.


#5

Thanks everyone for your help. The playlists are now working. I include the …\ and full path name. It was a straight forward find and replace using wordpad.

I has some problems posting to this site and am writing this using an older PC. The issue may be related to IE9, but we’ll try and find out the cause

cheers

Bruce