Music Player Experience

Can I just say how awful the music player built into the WD mycloud app is. For someone who has over 30,000 songs I really enjoy listening to music and enjoy the fact that I can listen right from the cloud. However, the layout and experience is so awful. 

For those in the same boat how have you worked your way around this? 

Compared to say the experience and details shown here Synology Inc. the Mycloud experience is in the stone age. 

Yeah, no argument there… Though it works reasonably well for videos, I think the My Cloud app is a File Access method first, and a music player as an after-thought.

Yeah I wouldn’t argue that fact either. The mycloud app does do video very well and is indeed a great file access app; though its missing a few critical features. Still it would be nice to provide a better music experience since there’s no way around the fact that music is indeed a major part of the every day life. 

Just been trying to do this as well. Someone mentioned that the video playback seems good & I agree, surprisingly good actually but for music it is pretty awful. 1 song at a time etc. I have had a better experience copying the link into WMP which then will play all the files in a folder so it’s more useable. Wondering if there is a player with better functuality, eg. track lists etc.

Yeah the video playback is indeed great. I can even get it to load while I am at the gym and actually continuously play and not have to buffer(and they have crappy wifi). As for the music experience, WD does need to work on this and look at how others have incorporated this feature into their NAS.

As for prodcuts I do have iTunes Match for my iPhone which stores them in the cloud, but I have been fiddling with Google Play Music and am about to upload song to that so I can stream anywhere just like the match will. Depending on your device I would take a look at the two options. They both work pretty good but I still want one centralize cloud for everything and once WD fixes this user experience we will indeed have such a thing

I still want one centralize cloud for everything and once WD fixes this user experience we will indeed have such a thing

Here here !