Music Folders Not Copying Wtih Properties

I’m trying to copy my music from my computer to my WD Mycloud.  I’m getting a error message that says

“ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO COPY THIS FOLDER WITHOUT IT’S PROPERTIES”     and  “THE FOLDER HAS PROPETIES THAT CAN’T BE COPIES TO THE NEW LOCATION”

From a quick google search it appears that its to do with NTFS.

The NTFS file system stores some file properties in Alternate Data Streams (ADSs). When copying to a non NTFS drive these streams do not get copied, which the warning message is all about. As most people are copying music from a NTFS to the a non ntfs nas I’m not sure why the message is generated. 

Is this general music (mp3) in a folder or something special.

I’ve had this problem as well.  From both Mac and PC machines.  It also happened with some photos (.nef).  It happened during the massive data migration, and i didn’t write down the file names, so i haven’t gone back to see if the files are accessible.

Although strangely, the “content scan” will not complete in the dashboard.  It’s been sitiing at 3% ever since I migrated my data about 4 days ago.  It seems to see the videos and “other” files fine, but hangs up on the photos and music.  Can’t help but wonder if these file properties have something to do with that.

And this is the 2nd time i’ve done this… did a factory reset to wipe the drive and migrate my data all over again… same result.  Frustrated.

It’s general music in folders.

My music is on a NTFS formatted hard drive.  I thought the WD Mycloud was NTFS.  If not can I change it to NFTS?  Will I loose any functionality?

NASes have their own file systems. It’s not NTFS, it’s EXT4, and cannot be changed.