MultiUser Confusion

Can manage/monitor multiple users space use or set quota?

Can I disable services for users?

How do I even disable a service for my own user if I enable and don’t find it useful?

I can access a “Public” directory without a user, but how can I get to the same Public space as a user?

Is there anyway to share space between multiple users?

Hello,

Can manage/monitor multiple users space use or set quota?

My Cloud Home = NO
My Cloud = YES

Can I disable services for users?

My Cloud Home = NO
My Cloud = YES

How do I even disable a service for my own user if I enable and don’t find it useful?

Not possible for My Cloud Home

I can access a “Public” directory without a user, but how can I get to the same Public space as a user?

\My Cloud-ABCDEFG\Public is only accessible from computers on the same local area network (LAN)

Is there anyway to share space between multiple users?

Not possible for My Cloud Home
On My Cloud Home, you can share directories but not private user space

Thanks, basically the conclusions I had come to, but it really didn’t make sense this would actually be the case.

Seems the only way to link Public to Private is to have a windows computer in the middle - using the app to log in to the private space and mapping another link to guest access for the Public space.

My hope was to be able to use the public dir for shared music on the LAN since I can access it from Linux and have My Cloud Alexa skill able to access to the content as well.

Another hope was to have the ability to share photo directories between users just as you do with traditional online cloud resources.

This My Cloud Home box is certainly easy to use, but apparently at the cost of functionality.

I think my Amazon review title will be “Super easy to use due to limited functionality”
Glad I didn’t pay for this box, I would be a bit upset that I had not done enough research. Hopefully my review will help others shopping.

Just as I had thought. This is a pile of junk. What’s the point of having all your shared files in one place and not being able to share them without having to send an email etc. This is basic stuff that should be implemented.
Grrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Hi,

I don’t really understand, I just change my My Cloud Gen 2 to Home Duo because the sync software is not supported anymore on mac High Sierra.

The management of users and folders like public UPNP is the basic functionality for me, WD can you told me if the Home Duo will be activate in the future ?

Regards.

Johnny

@Mustangjb

My Cloud and My Cloud Home are different products with different features.
The My Cloud Home is not a (NAS as we all know, understand and use NAS).
Not sure why a My Cloud would be changed out for a My Cloud Home.
The natural upgrade from a My Cloud would be a My Cloud Mirror Gen2, My Cloud EX2 Ultra or My Cloud PR2100.

I have changed because all the software suite is not compatible with osx high Sierra😞

I have calling the support with no success, is not previous to update it for exemple WD Sync.

So I try to buy the new product because the mirror Gen2 is not updated Anymore

This is really sad, I just got it as Chrstimas Gift thinking I was going to be able to share with family completely my cloud so every close familiar and my girlfriend could manage it totally without having to log in with my account. And this last thing seems like the only fair solution.