Multiple users from same device

Hi,

I recently purchased a My cloud 4TB mirror. I have made number of user profiles, and various folders. Some of the folders are for everyone, and others such as some of my work documents are only for me. Whilst having a check around and testing things out, i’ve found that when i log in as one of the kids using the my cloud public share link i can log in (just a username) and get access to public folders, but that when i as dad then open up the link and click to access my secure folder, it tells me "multiple connections to a server are shared resource by the same user, using more than one user name are not allowed. "

We have multiple devices around the house, but often we all jump on a device one after each other without shutting the thing down, which i would understand to be the reason why.

Few questions, is ther a way to log out without having to shut the computer down?

if i just leave it logged in as me, how long before i get auto logged out?

i have set up the my cloud mirrir with a static IP, as i maintain my home network making everything static for ease of use.

I did have a search on here but couldn’t find an articles related.

Thanks in advance

richard

richard_Wales wrote:

Few questions, is ther a way to log out without having to shut the computer down?

Opening a command window and typing “net use * /delete”

will log out of all shares.

richard_Wales wrote:

if i just leave it logged in as me, how long before i get auto logged out?

As far as I know, Windows keeps you logged in for as long as the windows session is active – there is no auto logout.

Hi Tony,

Thanks for swift reply.

When i tried your first suggestion it says “the syntax of this command is”

NET

[accounts : computer: config: etc, etc

I’m a bit rusty with my command prompt , are you getting to me to sign out of my internet session? should i be including the relevant user name instead of the * in line you advised i type?

as i said bit rust, so just trying to understand what it is i’m doing here?

Edit* i just did some googling, can see you are getting me to cancel all network connections, however for some reason it’s not, and the same thing as previously described is still happening Edit*

Thanks

Richard