Multiple MyCloud Home Drives

Hi,

I’ve got four MyCloud Home drives. One for General storage, one for Plex (when I decide how I want to use it), one for my MacBook Air backups and one for my Windows 10 laptop and Surface backups. The first two are 4TB and the last two are 2 TB.

First question is, is there anyway to access all of the drives via my desktop? A long time ago I called in to support and they said that I needed an email address associated with each device. Inconvenient, but I did what they said and it works. However, I can only have one device connected via the desktop with WD Discovery at a time. I’d really like to have access to all four at the same time.

Is this doable? If so, how?

Thanks,

Pete

@prthorsenjr you can now use the same email address for all of your My Cloud Home devices in Web, Mobile and Desktop App.

@SBrown

That’s fantastic! So, my next question is how do I accomplish this? Do I go into all four and change my email address to the same address and it magically takes care of it? Or do I have wipe everything out and start over like a brand new device? Any instructions you can provide or documentation on how to do this is appreciated.

Thanks,

Pete

Hi,

I replied to you reply of my question about multiple MyCloud home devices. I imagine you are very busy helping other folks like you did me. However, as I asked, can you give me instructions on how to have all my devices appear in the WD Discovery app?

Thanks,

Pete

How to Change My Cloud Home Device Owner or Setup With A Different Email Address
https://support-en.wd.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/23688

Follow the “Change Email Address (Web App)” instructions

Thanks for the instructions. I tried changing the email address to what I wanted it to be, meaning, one of the MyCloud Home devices that I already have setup and it says “User already exists” and will not change the email address on the
device I am trying to change. Any other ideas or what I may be doing wrong? All of the MyCloud Home devices I have each have a different email address.

Thanks,

Pete

Peter R. Thorsen Jr.
2026 Martin Farm Lane
Charlottesville, VA 22901-9466

(434) 962-7623 - Cell

prthorsenjr@outlook.com

“Intelligence without communications is irrelevant, communications without intelligence is noise.” General Alfred M. Gray

Mail](Outlook) for Windows 10

@prthorsenjr sounds like a prior account creation limitation, meaning older accounts cannot be changed into multi account usage. Let me check on this.

I appreciate you taking a look at what may be wrong. I hope that we can get this sorted out.

Thanks,

Pete

@prthorsenjr I confirm this method will not work in your case.
The KBA is only for when you want to change your email address used on (MyCloud.com Account) to an email address that has never been used with MyCloud.com before.

Also, the only way to get Multi Device support is to setup a new or system erased MCH with a new email address (MyCloud.com Account) and then setup the next one using the same email address. IE: there is no way to back port Multi Device support using an older MCH Account.

@SBrown, Thank you for that information.

So, if I erase all the MCH devices, which I can do and set them all up using the same email address, that should work, correct?

Pete

Peter R. Thorsen Jr.
2026 Martin Farm Lane
Charlottesville, VA 22901-9466

(434) 962-7623 - Cell

prthorsenjr@outlook.com

“Intelligence without communications is irrelevant, communications without intelligence is noise.” General Alfred M. Gray

Mail](Outlook) for Windows 10

@SBrown
@socallinux

So, again, I’m trying to figure out what procedure will work for this issue. Do I need to erase all my MCH devices and set all of them back up using the same email address for this to work?

Thanks,

Pete

If you have MCH #1 setup with emailone@domain.com and want to use that email address with all other MCH, then you would need to system erase the other MCH and go to My Cloud Home and set them up using emailone@domain.com.

@SBrown

Thanks to your help, I was able to erase all of my MCH devices and set them all up using a single email address. Now all four devices appear on my WD Discovery and on my desktop! Exactly what I wanted to accomplish. Thank you so much for your help with this. I greatly appreciate it.

Pete