Multiple Issues + Piss Poor Customer Service

jmotyka,

I didn’t disbelieve that you encountered genuine issues. I’m sorry to see you return it. And I never thought EX2 is a perfect product either…I know it has a weak cpu and relatively small aount of RAM…and I know that for now my EX2 is delivering reasonable performance but the minute I turn media streaming and/or iTunes sharing on, that low powered cpu will be overwhelmed…but on the flip side some of those better NAS’ that you’ll be now moving to, will cost twice as much as an EX2…I know, because I did my homework.

I understand you felt frustrated by the silly power strip check, but like someone already said, it isone silly thing they need to check off their list.

I just want to mention one other thing…you may have gotten PM from several folks, but I can tell you there is a troll here who has been frequenting this forum for over a month now, registering under a new name like Small.Vermin, Big.Vermin or LinAdmin before getting banned hours later. If you got PMs from him, then I’d take his PM with a fistful of salt…as I’ve caught him spreading lies on this and another site deliberately. So just wanted to let you know that all that you read here may not be genuine. Some issues like the one you described are indeed experienced by some…but as I said, I don’t have that issue…it could likely be that I don’t have media streaming on.

This is what my device activity looks like when it is idle:

Activity.jpg

Here is what someone posted about a similar issue on EX4…this might be useful to you even though you have an EX2…  http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-My-Cloud-EX4/Warning-Firmware-Release-1-02-36-High-CPU/m-p/724224#M1602

BTW, I only said that you should make your case after you put one of the compatible drives…until then WD can say it could be the hard drive that’s the main issue because you were not following recommended guidelines. That’s all I was trying to say…because your post came across very nasty in tone. Even the thanks for nothing comment wasn’t helpful. Not trying to give you a hard time but just being frank as a fellow user who’s willing to help if I can, when asked nicely.