Multiple Connections

I have just purchased WD My Cloud and I must say very pleased with it. I have a problem which I don’t quite understand. When trying to access My Cloud from a web browser on my home PC I keep getting the following message:

“Multiple connections to a server or shared resource by the same user, using more than one user name are not allowed. Disconnect all previous connections to the server or shared resource and try again.”

I don’t think I have anything connected so cannot see why I get this message. I have set-up 3 user including myself.

Any advice would be welcome.

Henchman wrote:

…When trying to access My Cloud from a web browser on my home PC I keep getting the following message:

“Multiple connections to a server or shared resource by the same user, using more than one user name are not allowed. Disconnect all previous connections to the server or shared resource and try again.”

That’s not an error you should see from a web browser.   That’s an error from Windows Explorer (not Internet Explorer…)

But yes, that’s a Windows limitation.  Once you’ve created a cached connection to a share using an specific user (including the virtual “guest” user for public shares), you cannot use a different user until you clear the prior connections.

You can check this from a CMD window with the command “net use” – it will list all current connections.

Thanks TonyPh1234 it was driving me mad.

:wink: