Multiple connections to a server

I have a WD cloud I am unable to access my drive. The computer prompt message is as follows: 

’ Multiple connections to a server or shared resource by the same user, using more than one user name are not allowed. Disconnect all previous connections to the server or shared resource and try again.’ 

This is the response i have found below in the wd community, But this does not give me a step by step guide to remove the prior connections & the action required to obtain access. 

That’s not an error you should see from a web browser. That’s an error from Windows Explorer (not Internet Explorer…) But yes, that’s a Windows limitation. Once you’ve created a cached connection to a share using an specific user (including the virtual “guest” user for public shares), you cannot use a different user until you clear the prior connections. You can check this from a CMD window with the command “net use” – it will list all current connections.

Please can you provide some support. 

From a command line, type “net use * /delete”, this will disconnect any mounted share.

In the User account and family safety control panel, go to the windows credentials manager and delete any stored credential for your NAS.

Reboot the computer.

Upon startup, access a private share on the NAS (not the public one, or you will be set with the guest credentials on the NAS for that Windows session). Map the share as a network drive and choose to reconnect at login.

1 Like