Multible file/folder download

You can send multiple files in a zipped folder.

Create a .zip the folder you wish to share using a program like winzip, 7 zip, pea zip, winrar or similar.

Drag the zipped folder into the appropriate area of your My Cloud – I use Public > Shared Pictures.

Once the zipped folder has been uploaded onto your My Cloud you can create a link to share the zipped folder.

So, now after TWO YEARS you still cannot download a folder. WD has probably the worst service you can imagine. It’s not a hard one too fix, but it seems no one cares about all the customer request anyway. You can better move to a professional NAS, that has all the basic options we lack due to the bad WB software and service.

4 Likes

Just quoting someone from April 2018 here: “This is so fundamental, and an absolute expectation!”

Very disappointed to back up all of my photos to this drive a few months ago only to discover I can’t get them out en masse.

As was suggested politely, angrily, surprisedly and otherwise starting more than two years ago, please prioritize this.

2 Likes

Their older hard drive called the “My Cloud” allowed folders which contained multiple files to be downloaded at once. So it can’t be that hard to figure out. This new “Cloud Home” should have had this feature. 4 years after they launch the product it still does not have this feature. Definitely wont be investing in this company’s stock, they ignored their customer requests for over 4 years.

5 Likes

Same problem, multi selector is basic, software is horrible. To everyone who asks me, I am not recommending this product.

1 Like

Really? You can’t copy a folder over the LAN or the internet? This is certainly possible with the latest WD Discovery application and MCH firmware installed and using Windows (file) Explorer. Example below is over the internet so it is slow but copying all 22 items:

WDDiscovcopyIP_2021-03-04_130954

When Will WD enable Cloud 5 to download an entire folder? Is it that difficult? Thank you

3 Likes

Hello, made this workaround script. Add a normal bookmark to your browser but in the URL instead of a website address add copy\paste this script.
In the cloud page click the bookmark, it will “click” all the files, so it inverts the active selection.

Only works in the mosaic not in listing mode.
Only tested in Chrome.

Script :
javascript:(function(){var b1 = document.getElementsByClassName(‘AppFilesMediaListItem__selectedIcon’);var b2 = document.getElementsByClassName(‘ButtonIcon ButtonIcon–capitalized ListViewItem__selectedIcon’);for(var i = 0; i < b1.length; i++)b1[i].click();for(var i = 0; i < b2.length;i++)b2[i].click();})();

I get 8mb over LAN

The MyCloud OS5 is not terrible. There is a lot to be desired. Having the ability to select a folder for download should be priority. I have found that you can select all files in a folder. In the MyCloud OS5 interface you can select the ellipses (three dots) at the top right of the screen and then select select all. To select multiple files you can click the thumbnail of the item to select it then CTRL-click additional files for a multiple file download.

But seriously we also need the ability to select a folder or list of folders for download.

Yeah, biggest mistake ever to buy a WD NAS.
First they killed folder sync, then webdav, and now it is not even possible to download whole folders.
Come on, what is this???
Bought a synology NAS today, can’t longer work with this technical c r a p.
For all of you who want to buy a NAS, be fair to yourself, don’t buy WD.

written by a former happy costumer

2 Likes

There are updates? when this lack will be restored in WD OS5 ??

1 Like

You are probably not going to like this solution, and I agree it should be fixed by WD, but it worked for my purposes of sharing an entire folder with subfolders and files using My Cloud OS 5:

1. Compress the folder (turn it into a ZIP file)
  2. Log in to your My Cloud OS 5 dashboard via the web browser
  3. Share the link to your ZIP file

Because the system sees the ZIP file as a single file the user with the link will not see a preview but a single “DOWNLOAD” button.

WD, please implement a simple folder selection box and a “download” button.
Good luck everyone! Hit LIKE if you found this somewhat useful.

WD Share Folder

2022 Still isn’t fixed oh my goodness how on earth do they get away with this.

Every other company that I know of has the ability to download a folder. You do understand that this is the dumbest thing not to have right? It is terrible. Now dont mind me I am going to one by one download 300 small videos photos and mp3s because they are all in different folders imbedded in a main folder. You don’t have to protect Billion dollar companies from valid criticism.

It turns out this functionality is available… but only in select regions.

Accessing via Singapore for example, provides the option of batch downloads. However, when accessing from Europe, the function is blocked.

It would be interesting to hear WD’s rationale behind that decision?

sounds foooood

Its now 2023 ,…I’m planning to but a wd mycloud for home and small business but:…
"is the “multiple file download at once” solved yet? → [see this tread: 2017 till 2023 ]

This has always been possible with the desktop file manager integration of WD Discovery. But since WDD will no longer be further supported after June 2023, there must be a different solution and there is: This has been possible for a while now if you are familiar with Tailscale and its subnet routing functionality that allows native desktop file manager integration as well as mobile app support using any third party file manager such as Android ‘File Manager +’ which has network SMB LAN support.

Tailscale subnet router installation. Tailscale is free for personal use.

An example of My Cloud Home (MCH) mch4 private share tailscale copy (upload) remotely. Copy of Public LAN share is also possible, all remotely with mobile 5GUC data in this case. Typically at 600 KBps for small files, 1.5 MBps for larger files which is near the limited upload speed for this 5G data plan.

Below is an example download of an entire fiolder from MCH to a remote Android mobile (5G data) via Tailscale subnet routing of MCH without using the My Cloud Home app or WDC relay servers

And its still a pile of ■■■■, I just switched to Synology NAS and that in an instant, erased all my frustrations I had with MycloudHome, Synology just works out of the box, super easy, straight forward and NO irrational limitations.

Now im trying to get my files out of the mycloudhome and thats another pain in the ass, because it wonty let you select everything and download it…its WD, go figure huh, one final attempt made from their side to really ef up my stuff here. :-/